Monday, July 27, 2009

Our Growing Babes

These two are sure a blast to have around the house.

Elle's personality is not at all hidden and it is so much fun to watch her learn new things. I already know that children know a whole lot more than we may think they do, but it still amazes me what I see her doing. She is a bundle of laughs, smiles all the time, and just has a ball ripping around the house now that she's walking. I never see her crawl anymore, she just hauls it anywhere she wants to go. I love it!

Dylan's vocabulary is simply exponential. It is amazing to hear him blurt out these words that I know that he knows, but to hear him say them is amazing to me sometimes. He is growing up so fast and has a fantastic imagination. Yesterday, we played store and you should see the things that he dumped into his "shopping cart" (Afterwards, it covered my kitchen floor). The top purchases of the day (both happened to be pretend) were chocolate milk and handfuls of fireworks. He kept loading them in and "lighting" them with a container of fingernail polish. It is such a ball to play games with him and see where his mind takes him!

Believe it or not, Dylan is my house cleaner. His loves are a certain green washcloth, "Mom's" vacuum, and as you can see above, the fuzz remover. His job around the house, which he asks to do everyday, is to hose vacuum the kitchen floor and the couch cushions, top and underneath. Here, he is removing white fuzz (I have no idea where it came from, especially since it was the only cushion with it on it), while Elle implements use of a bag clip and the lid to the fuzz remover.

I was cleaning the garage one day with him playing in the car and I looked up to see this. I laughed out loud!

Blue's Clues reading video. And the funny thing is, "wiggle" is the word they were actually talking about when he pulled that out of the bag.

Before church one Sunday

Posing in my boots from the DI pile

So, I was making chocolate chip calzones (from Claim Jumper, for those of you who may be familiar) and gave Elle a chocolate chip one evening. I didn't even pay any attention after that, until Mike says, "Elle got into a chocolate chip." "Oh, it's okay, I gave it to her." "Did you think about melted chocolate, then crawling?" "Hmmm, nope didn't think about that," as I go to get a cloth to wipe her up. On my way back, I notice this on my cabinets and burst out laughing. I was obviously not on Mom alert when I gave her that chocolate chip and could not help but truly laugh when I saw my consequence. :)

Her first standing-on-her-own experience

Slumbering with Aunt Quel who is visiting for our already-past family reunion and leaving this Wednesday

Dylan has some funny looks on these next couple ones

All chillin' on the lovesac after work

Hello?
She talks into ANYTHING!

The shoe fetish begins early...

Cute, dirty, little girl! This was a few hours before bedtime and I was NOT changing her into a new outfit if we weren't going anywhere. So we got a few shots of her in it. Her cuteness overpowers the stain, though, don't you think? ;)

The kiddie pool in our backyard

Dylan helping Elle

I love these kind of pictures!

2 comments:

Sari said...

Elle and Tyson need to get together. He loves the water too and would live in it if he could!!! I love all the new pictures and am shocked how Elle is climbing/sitting on the rocks and you can tell it doesn't even bother her. How cute... Miss you guys.

Erika said...

you are kids are so cute! Looks like you are all so happy in Oregon.

My Blog List

About Me

Mike & I (Maurice) will have been married for 4 years this August, wow. We have 2 babes - Dylan, who will be 3 in August, and Elle, who just turned 1 earlier this month. We live in Oregon, only minutes from my family and a few hours from his, and absolutely love it here!